Recipes from Our Georgia Inn
Flatbread Breakfast Pizzas
Makes four servings
- 4 white or wheat pita bread rounds
- 1/4 cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup diced red sweet pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and diced
- 2 Tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons of snipped chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread 1 Tablespoon of cream cheese on each of the pita rounds and place on baking sheet.
- Sautee sweet onion and red sweet pepper in butter just until soft, approximately 5-6 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue cooking for approximately 2 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, scramble eggs and cook just until soft-scrambled, leaving moist for the remaining cook time in the oven.
- Spread eggs evenly on pita rounds, followed by cheeses, sautéed vegetables and diced bacon. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 400 degrees 7-8 minutes until the pita rounds are crispy and the cheeses are melted. Sprinkle with chives, cut into triangle and serve hot.
We get creative with this recipe by trying different cheeses like Brie or Gouda. Our vegetarian guests love the variety of toppings and cheeses.
Baked Bananas and Oatmeal
Makes eight servings
- 8 Ripe Bananas
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Greek vanilla bean yogurt
- 1/2 cup quick 1-minute oats
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom and sides 8 8-oz. ramekins with butter.
- Slice the bananas in a large bowl. Pour orange juice over the bananas and gently stir.
- In a medium bowl combine the oats, brown sugar, pecans, flour, nutmeg and salt. Cut the butter into the oat mixture until it is the size of peas.
- Spoon the bananas into prepared ramekins, spreading the orange juice equally among each cup.
- Drizzle approximately 1/2 tablespoon of honey over each ramekin of bananas, followed by the oatmeal crumble topping.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, just until juice begins to bubble to the surface of crumble topping. Serve warm topped with Greek vanilla bean yogurt and a sprinkle of nutmeg.